Here at Bottles 'N' Jars we are always on the lookout for talented, passionate individuals to join our growing team!
Currently we are recruiting for a Wine & Food Shop Manager.
45 hrs a week £30-35k
We have an exciting opportunity for wine focused person to come in and take the helm at East Finchley’s indie food and wine shop Bottles ‘N’ Jars. The last two years have seen us flourish in our beautiful corner of north London, building a successful coffee bar, an impressive 250+ wine selection, as well as purveying the best artisan delicacies from around the world.
We are looking for an engaging and curious person who is wanting to take that pivotal next step in their career, as they will have the opportunity to creatively drive the business forward through their leadership and buying capacity. The right person will have an interest in wine, beer, spirits and food, as well as a natural way with people, as the role will involve much engagement with your team, your guests but also the community of small purveyors and importers that we deal with on a daily basis.
Aside from the day-to-day running of the shop and the building of the range, the role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their skills in ecommerce and social media through the running of our blossoming online shop. Furthermore, there are great opportunities to host both private and public tastings and events in our charming shop space.
As a business, we seek to respect the work-life balance of all our employees. As such, we offer consecutive days off and a working schedule that will not include any late-night finishes.
The right candidate will have:
- Previous experience working with wine (WSET Level 2 or equivalent. Beer and spirits on top is an added bonus)
- Previous experience managing people
- Excellent organisation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- The ability to train and lead your team
- A passion to learn and to forge connections within the food and wine industry
The key parts of the role:
- Opening and closing duties including reporting and cash ups
- Management of the small team, including creating rotas
- Ensuring the continued high levels of customer service
- Day-to-day management of both the shop updating and managing our POS system with new prices and products
- Day-to-day management of our online shop; updating new products with images and descriptions, packing orders, and communicating with customers.
- Monthly stocktake and continued stock management
- Have commercial awareness and identify areas for growth
- Curating and designing our monthly wine tastings events
- Managing our social media accounts and writing our monthly newsletter with new products, events and what’s happening in the shop.
- Company-funded WSET education
- Generous wine and shop discount
- Friends & family discount
- Regular staff tastings
- Trips to meet suppliers