Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions – Bottles ‘n’ Jars
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you. Please read these terms carefully
before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or cancel your order, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
- About us
- We are Bottles ‘n’ Jars, operated by Hexagon of Highgate Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 00819349 and our registered office is at 82-92 Great North Road, London, England, N2 0NL. Our registered VAT number is 229 3745 45.
- You can contact us by telephoning our team 0203 714 8380 or by writing to us at Bottles ‘N’ Jars, 82-92 Great North Road, London N2 0NL.
- If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- Use of the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, shall include emails.
- Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified. We will take payment for goods on Shopify and will refund payments if we are unable to fulfil the order.
- We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from addresses outside the UK.
- Age Restriction
- By placing any order for alcohol, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old. We will not sell or deliver alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18. We reserve the right not to deliver if we are unsure of this.
Price and payment
- The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. If we notice a pricing error, at our discretion, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order at the correct price; or notify you that your order has been cancelled. We reserve the right to refuse supply of products at the incorrect price.
- We accept payment by American Express, Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, Maestro and other major Debit Cards. All card charges are processed via an independent payment processing provider, Shopify, with the highest encryption standards. We do not have access to customer card data. Shopify will take payment when you place your order. You must pay for the products before we dispatch them.
- Gift Cards
- Gifts cards may be used to purchase products from Bottles ‘N’ Jars. The gift card will be valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
- Please note we will not refund gift cards after their expiry date and gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash.
- A gift card may be used to pay for the whole or any part of the price of an order in store or online. If the value of the gift card is not sufficient to pay all the price, you must settle the remaining balance of the price by cash, credit or debit card.
- If you return goods purchased using a gift card, your refund will be returned onto the original gift card.
- Gift cards which are lost or stolen will not be replaced.
Our products and our right to make changes
- The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images and the packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
- We may change our products to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- In addition, as we informed you in the description of the product on our website, we may make the following changes to these terms or the product, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to cancel the order before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received.
- All products are subject to availability. We cannot guarantee the availability of specific products, particularly on rare vintage wines with limited availability.
- The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
- During the order process we will let you know when we will deliver the products to you.
- We will aim to deliver the products to you as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 14 days after the day on which we accept your order.
- If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to cancel your order and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- If you have asked to collect the products from our premises, you can collect them from us at any time during our working hours of 9.00 am to 6.00pm, Monday to Saturday (excluding public holidays).
- If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, we or the courier will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery.
- If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection, we may cancel your order.
- A product which is goods will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us, or you collect it from us. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full.
- Your right to cancel your order
- Your rights when you cancel your order will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to cancel your order.
- You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods.
- You do not have a right to change your mind on products which are deemed to be perishable, these are to include food products.
- If you are cancelling your order for a reason set out at (i) to (iii) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered, and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong (including because we have delivered late).
- For most products bought online you have a legal right (pursuant to the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013), within certain time limits and subject to certain criteria to change your mind within 14 days after the day you receive the goods and to receive a refund.
- You have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods to change your mind about the goods, or where the goods are for regular delivery over a set period, you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the first delivery of the goods to change your mind about the goods.
- Returns and Cancellations
- If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered, please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
- If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to cancel the order.
- To cancel your order with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Call our team on 0203 714 8380 or email us at email@example.com. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either return the goods in person to where you bought them, post them back to us at Bottles ‘N’ Jars, 82-92 Great North Road, London N2 0NL or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to cancel your order.
- We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty or misdescribed;
- if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances you must pay the costs of return.
- We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs (subject to 10.6 (ii) below), by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover they are not in a merchantable condition and in the original box you received the goods, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind, then:
- If the products are goods and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us.
- In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of you telling us you have changed your mind.
- In case of breakage of any bottle upon delivery, you must notify Bottles ‘N’ Jars as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon notification you may choose to either return the broken bottles or the entire case.
- If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our team at 0203 714 8380or write to us at Bottles ‘N’ Jars, 82-92 Great North Road, London N2 0NL.
- We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
How we may use your personal information
- Limitation of Liability
- If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products.
- We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Events outside of our control
- You agree that no party shall be held liable for any delay or non-performance of these Terms and Conditions which arise from a cause that is beyond its control, such causes shall include but shall not be limited to acts of God, governmental acts, war, fire, flood or explosion.
- By ordering with us, you agree to these Terms and Conditions in whole. If you do not agree with the whole or part of these Terms and Conditions, you should not place an order.
- Variation of Terms
- We may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- You are responsible to check them from time to time to note any changes that we have made to these Terms and Conditions as they are binding on you and will become enforceable immediately.
- Please also note that some of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Website.
- Entire Agreement
- By placing an order, you acknowledge and agree that these Terms and Conditions form the entire agreement between you and us in respect of your order and these Terms and Conditions supersede all prior agreements, arrangements and understandings between you and us relating to your order.
Other important terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
- Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
- The courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to your order.
- These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Read our reviews
"By far the best coffee in the area + super quality goods! Canned fish & seafood, wine, bread and more, lovely people too, highly recommended"
"Super helpful owners, great advice, great wine and good prices. Highly recommend!"
"Gorgeous independent shop stocking a great selection of wines, as well as snacks and beers. Really friendly owner and super knowledgeable on their suppliers. Also does great coffee and baked goods"